Highlands College Placement Relations Specialist
Summary of Responsibilities
The Placement Relations Specialist will be responsible for building relationships with hiring leaders, maintaining a network of ministry contacts, and developing new opportunities for students and graduates to be placed in ministry. The goals of the position are to increase the number of on-campus employer-focused activities, connect students to relevant opportunities for employment, and collaborate with the Executive Director of Ministry Placement to develop processes of effectiveness and efficiency that support the department goals.
The Placement Relations Specialist will report to the Executive Director of Ministry Placement.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and manage relationships with employers, including churches and ministries both inside and outside of ARC and Grow.
- Develop new sites for residencies and placements for HC students to work.
- Proactively develop and execute strategies to increase employment opportunities for HC students and graduates.
- Develop ongoing networking strategies to bring greater awareness of Highlands College to relevant employers and industries.
- Design and distribute communications to employers e.g. Mailchimp campaigns, emails.
- Strive for the increased presence of employers on campus, which includes: campus recruitment, interest meetings, career fairs, and class presentations.
- Monitor the quality of customer service for employers from the Ministry Placement department through surveys, assessment, and informal feedback. Make recommendations as to how HC Ministry Placement can improve customer service.
- Coach certain employers on the best practices for hiring new employees to help them improve their hiring practices. For example, advising them on how to create a job description, perform a search, conduct interviews, and extend an offer.
- Invite pastors and hiring leaders to come on campus for interviews and networking opportunities. Host hiring leaders while they are on campus.
- Develop opportunities for pastors to train and interact with students.
- Help manage career fairs and hiring events such as GrowLeader Conference, ARC Conference, and virtual hiring events.
- Present job-search strategy workshops to students.
- Advocate for churches and ministries among students.
- Collect, analyze, and report information about graduates’ hiring destinations and hiring trends.
- Oversee myIMPACT or any future job board and placement platform that serves to connect employers with the college and students.
- Work with HC and COTH faculty/staff to increase employment opportunities for students.
- Whenever possible, facilitate relationships between external ministries and relevant HC teammates, students, and alumni.
- Work closely with the internship leadership team to develop internships opportunities for students.
- Work with the student life team to develop part-time job opportunities for students while they are in school.
- Assist the executive director in budget planning, strategic planning, and reporting for Ministry Placement.
- Attend Highlands College, Ministry Placement, and Church of the Highlands staff meetings and events.
- Participate in professional organizations and professional development opportunities.
- Compile and report data on employer relations activities and provide feedback on the effectiveness of placement operations.
- Track job market demand, job-offer data, and hiring results for graduates.
- Assist the Executive Director of Ministry Placement in other duties as necessary to advance the goals and objectives of Highlands College.
- Be an active member of Church of the Highlands
- Embrace and promote the mission, values, and vision of Church of the Highlands and Highlands College
- Be an active participant in the ministry of Church of the Highlands and Highlands College by leading small groups
- A bachelor's degree and minimum of two years of experience in recruiting, human resources, career services, or other related fields; demonstrated experience in employer relations.
- Highly relational with strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving, strategic planning, and decision-making ability.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, organized, flexible, and willing to take risks.
- The ability to manage multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment, working effectively both independently and with a team.
- High energy with enthusiasm for the Vision of Highlands College.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat DC.
- Experience working with college and/or project management software.
- Ability to periodically work nontraditional work hours including evenings, holidays or weekends.
- Some travel is necessary with occasional overnight stays.
- Master’s degree in human resources, career development, higher education administration or related field.
- Experience in managing projects from conception to implementation and operation.
To apply, email resume to email@example.com. Only electronic submissions will be reviewed.