Conference & Events Communications Coordinator
Church of the Highlands is currently seeking an experienced Conference and Events Communications Coordinator. The purpose of the position is to serve Highlands and the Conference & Events Team by coordinating and producing web, print, email, marketing, and other written material in support of successful conference and event communication strategies.
- A follower of Jesus Christ.
- Experience and proficiency in copywriting, editing and proofreading.
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Workspace and Adobe Creative.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload.
- Minimum of one year of successful service on Highlands Dream Team, Staff, Highlands College or HC internship preferred.
- 2+ years working in a communications role for an organization preferred.
- Degree or coursework completed in Mass Communications or Communication Studies (Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, or Advertising preferred).
- Experience in writing for a variety of media and applications, including marketing copy and executive communications preferred.
Assist with communication strategies in the following areas-
- Registration System - Assist with copy writing and final approval for all content relating to customer experience within the registration system.
- Reporting - Lead the production of the departmental monthly report for the Conference and Events Director.
- Marketing - Prepare and keep timeline for Department Mass Communications. Work with Communications Director and Creative Team to create and schedule email campaigns. Provide copy for and proof-read all conference and events websites as needed. Ensure all conference and events websites stay updated in coordination with the Digital and Creative Teams. Prepare scripts and/or talking points for Highlands News features of conferences and events. Assist with conference social media initiatives.
- Customer Service - Help craft language guides for communicating vision items for Conferences and Events inboxes. Help Maintain and Implement written and verbal Customer Service processes and initiatives.
- Conferences - Formulate pre-event customer email communication strategies and content. Coordinate and create content for informative emails to the staff preconference or event. Assist with copy writing conference and events news scripts. Assist with copy writing and scheduling all SMS initiatives.
- Special Projects – Assist with itineraries for special guests. Assist with church-wide communications projects in partnership with the Director of Conferences and Events. Initiate exploration of best practices and communication systems that would best serve Conferences and Events.
Please submit resume and references to hr@churchofthehighlands for consideration.