There are a number of different ways you can make a difference in your community through your small group. The key is to build your small group around your gifts, passions and what God has put on your heart to do.
You can begin by asking yourself the following questions. Hopefully, the answers will help you launch your small group around your God-given purpose.
- What are you good at doing and love to do?
- What individuals, ministries or organizations around you could benefit from your skills?
- What needs in your community seem to stand out to you above others?
Form your group around your passion and gifting. Keep it simple, make it fun and invite others who have similar interests and skills to join your group. The following are just a few small group ideas to help get your creativity flowing:
- Neighborhood landscape group
- Teaching healthy nutrition
- Nursing home visits (prayer, worship, crafts) After school tutoring
- Language classes (Spanish / English)
- Disaster Response Preparedness
- First Aid / CPR
- Missionary support
- Shut-in ministry
- Computer skills
- Job interviewing & employment skill training
- Arts & music for underprivileged kids
- Clothing drives
- Cooking for a cause (homeless, sick, etc)
- Home repairs for the elderly or disabled
- Teacher helpers
- Learning to read (illiteracy)
- Blankets for the homeless
- Community gardening
- Home decorating on a dime
- Care packages for hospitalized, sick children, foster kids
- Coffee & prayer for police and firemen
- Hair care for cancer patients, elderly or low income
- Support local ministries administrative needs
- Hospital prayer groups
- Monthly car wash for local school faculty
- Celebrate a teacher each week at a local school
- Hospital Prayer Visits in the ER or NICU
- Weekly activity for Children’s Hospital or Children’s ward
- Servolution by Dino Rizzo
- Conspiracy of Kindness by Steve Sjogren
- The Cause Within You by Matthew Barnett
- When Helping Hurts by Steve Corbett & Brian Fikkert