As our country and our world have been reawakened to the unfortunate reality that racism still exists, we pause to acknowledge this reality and the effects that it has on our communities. At Church of the Highlands, we fervently pray against the spirits of racism, hatred, and prejudice that would seek to divide humanity. We acknowledge that there is more to be said and done to see our cities, our country, and our world healed from the evil of racism and for reconciliation to take place. It is our goal to be agents of change in the days, weeks, months, and years to come. Therefore, we commit to being a church that makes every effort to promote unity in the body of Christ and the world. We recognize that our voice and our response is vitally important. For this reason, we are committed to taking continual steps of learning, lamenting, and loving so we can be a bridge towards reconciliation.
- Continue to take every opportunity to pray against the spirit of racism
- Build diverse leadership, staff, and executive teams
- Ensure diversity in our communicators
- Provide education resources and diversity training for our staff
- Incorporate new small group curriculum resources (Groups begin September 6)
- Include racial reconciliation and healing in our Freedom curriculum and conferences
- Add a Pastor to our team whose role is to promote diversity throughout our church