Student Support Coordinator
Southeastern University is seeking a full-time staff person who will assist the Academic Director with key responsibilities to operate the Regional Education Site located at Highlands College in Birmingham, Alabama. If you’re looking for a fulfilling career on a team committed to seeing God’s glory displayed in every corner of the earth, then consider applying to SEU and pursuing your calling on our campus. Southeastern University is an EO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age or disability. Southeastern University employs Christians who are compatible with the institution’s mission and statement of faith.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focuses on Student Academic Success, Advising and Registration, Financial Aid, Retention.
- Assists the Academic Director with local programing, practicum, maximize learning opportunities for students.
- Assists the Academic Director in compliance with SACSCOC, FERPA, Title 1X, etc.
- Acts as a liaison between Southeastern University at Highlands College and Highlands College by attending weekly site staff meetings and church functions.
- Informs students of site functions and assistance in student life when needed.
- Assists the Academic Director in maintaining physical spaces, technology, etc. to create a learning environment. Assists adjuncts with ADA accommodations.
- Assists Academic Director with all faculty training events, meetings, and vetting.
- Assists Academic Director with scheduling courses for the site each semester.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a preferred degree in ministry, Bible, theology, or business;
- Willingness to be a professional role model and mentor to 18-24-year-olds;
- Commitment to undergraduate education, professional growth, service, and scholarship in a distinctively Christian setting;
- Agree and abide by Highlands College’s and Southeastern University’s Mission and Institutional Goals, Core Values and Doctrinal Statements;
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.;
- Outstanding Christian character.
Southeastern University is a Christian University that offers an accredited degree through Highlands College. HC is a higher education biblical institute that offers a certificate program in ministry leadership to students 18-24 years old. Please be sure to read the mission and vision of Highlands College at highlandscollege.com.
- Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Following a preliminary screening and approval, SEU at Highlands College will invite preferred candidates to complete a formal application. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.