Central Operations for Campus Events
Church of the Highlands is currently seeking an experienced Director for our Conferences and Events Department. The purpose of the position is to serve Highlands by leading the planning and execution of church-wide service related events, provide central communication and support to Campus Coordinators, and strategically assist campuses with resourcing and training for the Events Dream Team.
- A follower of Jesus Christ.
- 3+ years of successful service on Highlands Dream Team, Staff, Highlands College or Highlands College internship.
- 3+ years of experience in event planning, logistics, or project management role.
- Successful experience in a leadership or management role.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Ability to lead multiple projects, and exercise decision making authority, effectively.
- Ability to think and act independently with a high degree of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and advance multiple, simultaneous high priority projects.
- Ability to create and manage budgets.
- Experience managing staff and/or volunteers.
- Experience in managing vendor relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Direct the planning, management, and execution of church wide service-related events.
- Direct all communication initiatives pertaining to service-related events in coordination with applicable departments.
- Create and manage all approved budgets applicable to service-related events.
- Serve as the central point of contact for Campus Coordinators at all locations in partnership with the Director of Conferences and Events – providing regular communication and resourcing.
- Lead the central strategy for communication to Campus Coordinators by collaborating with all central departments on applicable initiatives.
- Conduct monthly meetings with Campus Coordinators.
- Conduct annual Campus Coordinator training events.
- Assist with the development of new Conference and Events hires at campuses, when applicable.
- Assist with the development of new Campus Coordinator hires at campuses, when applicable.
- Create resources and lead training initiatives for the Events Dream Team at all campuses in partnership with the Central Next Steps Team.
- Support new campus launches with the purchase of conference and events supplies and resources needed to host successful events.
- Manage the Central Events Operations Team.
- Assist the Conference and Events team with applicable departmental initiatives such as conferences, special events, and roundtables.
Please submit resume and references to email@example.com for consideration.