Highlands College Executive Director of HR and Team Development
Summary of Responsibilities
The Executive Director of HR and Team Development will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resource (HR) department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization's mission and team development strategy.
The Executive Director of HR and Team Development will report directly to the COO.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with leadership to understand the organization's goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention; develops and executes best practices for hiring and teammate management.
- Create balance and promote the development of staff and leadership through training and development, improving teammate satisfaction, and succession planning.
- Provides innovative and practical direction and leadership in ways that HC can care for its teammates during life’s moments.
- Creates systems and tools that capture the preferred culture of HC, as set by the President, and ensures that the preferred HC culture is built and steward in all areas of HC.
- Planning as well as executing an effective onboarding experience for new teammates.
- Maintain and provide policy updates for the Team and Faculty Handbook.
- Assist teammates when they are transferred to a new position or department.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes; performance and teammate management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Monitors and ensures the organizations compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Develops and implements departmental budget.
- Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for HR staff.
- Oversees the creation of weekly reports for C.O.O.
- Project management as needed.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn Predictive Index.
- Develop future leaders through succession planning and professional development.
- Ensure teammates have the tools, resources, and leadership they need to perform to their potential and stay engaged.
- Be an active member of Church of the Highlands
- Embrace and promote the mission, values, and vision of Church of the Highlands and Highlands College
- Be an active participant in the ministry of Church of the Highlands and Highlands College by leading small groups
- Performs other duties as required.
- Oversees the recruiting, hiring, and team training for the institution.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new teammates within the HR department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand, embrace, and propagate the vision, values, and mission of Church of the Highlands and Highlands College.
- Assist in implementing campus events.
- Assist with Orientation details and execution each semester.
- Support and participate in student recruitment and retention efforts.
- Serve as an ambassador for the College at the campus level with alumni, parents, students, neighbors, community leaders, and professional colleagues.
- Other duties as directed and required.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- At least five years of human resource management experience.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only electronic submissions will be reviewed.